Thursday, October 14, 2010

Book Reviews


It's a commentary about my own commentaries of other authors' works. Imagine that!
Let's be perfectly clear on a few things; I don't hate on other authors simply because they aren't writing exactly what I'd want from a story. Obviously, when you have something that is everything you wanted because of you expecting it a certain way, it's pretty damn boring. Sure, I'm a bit rough on Knaak, but who isn't anymore? (I still want my money back for Night of the Dragon) Obviously, things aren't okay just because a large group does them, but... Oh, who am I kidding, that's exactly the excuse I'm using. Screw it.
Really, at their heart, aren't reviews of any sort supposed to be for the purpose of making the creator better at what they endeavour to do? I believe that's how it's supposed to work. (YouTube comments don't count) Granted, none of the published authors are ever going to see the reviews I post. However, readers of the same cloth as I might read them for a bit of direction of which books to buy and which to either borrow from the library or shamelessly read at the bookstore.
So what do you all think of my book reviews? Fair? Unfair? Love them or hate them? Comments are below.

No comments:

Post a Comment